Re: R.I.P. WNDS/TV-50 (9/3/83 - 4/5/97)

At 01:42 AM 4-5-1997 -0500, PETER GEORGE, N1GGP wrote:
>     It is a shame to see a good independent like Channel 50 go down the
>toilet.  All that work in getting total cable coverage and this is what
>happens.  I really enjoyed my "Star Trek" fix at midnight.  Man, what
>a week.....we lose the "fX apartment" and "Mission:Impossible" for the
>new "FX", Channel 50 dies.  What next ?
>
>-Pete-

Channel 50 is/was the ONLY independent station carried by our local cable
company, added to the lineup not quite a year ago. The next closest thinng
to an independent on cable here is WSBK (UPN38). The rest are from The Big
Three and PBS.

Looking through the TV listings for the coming week from a couple of
different sources (The Bratttleboro Reformer and the Boston edition of TV
Guide), it doesn't appear that the programming has changed at all...Columbo,
Kojak, and Star Trek TNG are still listed to appear. Imagine the ire of
viewers when they tune in Wednesday evening hoping to see Tim Conway and Don
Knotts in "The Private Eyes", but instead they see someone hawking cheap
jewelry...

Doug Bassett
West Brattleboro, Vt.