Re: Channel 5 changeover

> On Fri, 4 Apr 1997, PETER GEORGE, N1GGP wrote:
>
> > Does anyone else out there
> > remember the switchover that early morning ?

Sure.  I remember the last moments included a message that the court
appeals had been exhausted, then a final sign-off.  Very soon after came
the logo for the new owners.  Right after that was a long promotional
piece for the "new" channel 5 featuring Natalie and Chet.  What struck
me at the time was how many on-air people from the old station were
retained.  They even kept most of the local programming, including the
candlepin bowling shows.

Dan Cole
WTSN / WBYY
Dover, NH