No AM radio on 2021 VW?

George Allen geo.allen@comcast.net
Sat Apr 17 13:16:24 EDT 2021

No - I have an EV [Chevy Bolt] and AM is fine.  Not having AM in the
car is strange - there are still very rural places where there's not
much FM.  I suppose there's always SiriusXM if you pony up for
it.  And of course music on your phone or thumb-drive or
whatever.  Yes, AM is dying, but it's not dead yet.

GM car radios don't have HD-FM [well, my 2017 doesn't], since they
want to sell you SiriusXM.....
   George

Ron Bello rbello@belloassoc.com
Fri Apr 16 18:06:41 EDT 2021
Could it be that the electronics / motor(s) generate so much electrical
noise that the AM band is unlistenable ?