Changes at WHMP

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 08:06:53 EDT 2018

I think a repeater can translate an HD channel. Here in Boston the 106.1
translator for WRCA 1330 was doing Irish 96.9 (WBQT HD 2) and admittedly
the AM was, too, for awhile before Bloomberg. But
I  think I read a repeater on FM could just simulcast an HD station.

The website for WHMP says 101.5 and 107.5 FM/ 1240 and 1400 AM

Fybush's column from Jan of 2017 said "the addition of an FM translator to
WHNP 1600 will bring a flip to a music format". Radio-locator and wikipedia
now say that WHNP 1600  Longmeadow is now WLZX. Clicking on
the WHNP (now WLZX -AM-) link on radio-locator leads one to WLZX "Lazer
99.3" FM