Changes at WHMP

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sat Sep 22 00:38:25 EDT 2018

I'm in the Amherst area for a few days, and I was surprised to find that
96.9 FM is no longer the FM repeater for WHMP.  It's now "Pure Oldies
96.9," with oldies from the 1950s and 1960s.  The ads seem to be local
ads, and the only legal ID, or mention of call letters at all, is
"WLZX-FMHD3."  I didn't know a repeater could be used to relay the
programming of an HD3 channel.  WLDX is at FM 99.3, but I've been
enjoying Pure Oldies so much that I haven't checked to see what they are
doing.

The WHMP website indicates that they are now on FM at 101.5 in
Northampton and 107.5 in Greenfield, which I also haven't checked. It
also says that they are on AM at 1240 and 1400.  This apparently means
that they still have WHMQ in Greenfield, but have eliminated their
Springfield relay, which I believe was called WHNP.

Both WHMP and WLZX are owned by Saga Communications.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D. · 1340 Centre Street, Suite 103 · Newton, MA 02459
617.367.0468 · Fax:617.507.7856 · http://www.attorneyross.com