Arnie "WooWoo" Ginsberg interview: The Sounds of the 60's

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Feb 15 16:52:35 EST 2018

On 2/15/2018 3:26 PM, Lou wrote:
> I just got a chance to hear this.  It's wonderful!!
> I can't say that I heard Arnie say the WBOS call letters, or any call
> letters.  But he did announce "The Night Train Show, Music on Record." A few
> times.  Was he syndicated?

I don't think so.  But he was recorded and transcribed at least once a
week.  Back then, jocks were expected to cover their shift by taping a
show that would be played on their one day off. That way, there would be
continuity-- same jocks every day, giving the perception the audience's
favorites were always working...

--
Donna L. Halper, PhD
Associate Professor of Communication & Media Studies