Arnie "WooWoo" Ginsberg interview: The Sounds of the 60's

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 03:51:10 EST 2018

George - Did any Kenny Mayer tapes survive?

Kenny Mayer had a phenomenal audience on 1600 and later with the
simulcast on 92,9 on early Monday mornings as it was him and Norm Nathan at
WHDH - everybody else was off the air. The simple fact that all one has to
say is WO9-8989 and 50 years later people remember..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNQjea_teX0

I also want to say that Norm Ruby was a person that helped steer me into
the broadcast life as a career. Norm was blessed with good pipes but he was
very helpful to young people interested in the business.

In 1971 roughly 2 months before he died I wound up having lunch with Mac
Richmond who owned WMEX and he told me he made a huge mistake not buying
92.9 when Champion offered it to him for cheap money..

Mac had problems with a FM he owned in Washington but  he grasped that
college students were buying FM tuners in Boston but the offer to buy WBOS
was off the table.