wccm wnnw

Don astelle.donald@gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 21:01:47 EST 2018

 On Thu, 1 Feb 2018, Jim Hall wrote:

I wonder if at some point, the FCC will let stations turn off the AM and
> just keep the translator going.

Two stations that I know of, have abandoned any identification with the AM.

WCCM, 1110AM in Salem, NH is now "Valley 98.9" and if you listen, you would
never know they are listenable on AM.

http://valley989.com/

WMRC in Milford in now simply identified as MY 101.3

http://www.wmrcdailynews.com/www.myfm1013.com/

Both stations have dropped any local service that they were doing when they
were just AM stations.

I'm not sure this is what the FCC had in mind.....