Ion Media "Pulling an NBC"?

Doug Drown ashboy1951@gmail.com
Thu May 25 14:52:34 EDT 2017

James Woods, a fellow-participant in the RadioInsight.com message boards,
reported today that anonymous word is going 'round regarding a sale of
Ion's WBPX Channel 32 to the ABC Owned Television Stations Group.  One of
WBPX's full-power satellites, digital channel 33, is in Concord, NH.  If
all this is true, that would almost certainly place WCVB's and WMUR's ABC
affiliations in jeopardy.

NBC, having firmly established its own station in Boston, won't move over
to Channel 5.  One wonders what Hearst would do, especially given that it
has cable network joint ownership ties with both NBC and ABC.

I have my doubts about this story, but I have to say it's interesting.