Auntie Donna is famous in Cleveland

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu May 4 16:25:23 EDT 2017

On 5/4/2017 2:02 PM, brouder@juno.com wrote:
> Cleveland.com had posted a compilation of the 100 most memorable voices to grace the airwaves and Donna Halper is listed (and pictured).

I was really surprised to be remembered on a list that included some
major heavyweights, past and present.  I didn't realize it at the time--
I mean, I was a music director doing my job, and getting airplay for
some interesting new bands (back when music directors could still pick
their own music and stations actually took chances)-- but getting Rush's
career started in the US was a big deal, because their success provided
the impetus for WMMS-FM's campaign to get the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
to locate in Cleveland.  The selling point was that WMMS-FM was a
breakout station for so many new and exciting rock bands (like Rush).