Ion Media "Pulling an NBC"?

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Thu May 25 17:46:34 EDT 2017

No truth to that rumor, from what my sources are telling me.

It makes no sense, really. Disney/ABC hasn't lifted a finger to grow its
O&O portfolio in more than two decades. Dumping Hearst in Boston would
imperil one of the closest network/affiliate relationships in the country,
with ripple effects I'm Hearst ABC markets around the country.

It doesn't make a lick of sense on either end of the "deal."