Classical (was: Fairbanks WKLB/WCLB & WCRB

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Fri Jan 20 19:51:14 EST 2017

Many times I've heard very explicit unedited rap after 10 on WHRB, so it
isn't just "rock." That must be quite jarring to anyone who normally listens
to them for classical music! I understand the after 10 PM rules, but they
really take it to the extreme.

Jeff Lehmann
Hanson, MA

-----Original Message-----
From: Boston-Radio-Interest
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@lists.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Rob Landry
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2017 4:53 PM
To: A Joseph Ross <joe@attorneyross.com>
Cc: Boston Radio Group <boston-radio-interest@lists.bostonradio.org>
Subject: Re: Classical (was: Fairbanks WKLB/WCLB & WCRB

Thomas Stearns Eliot was a member of the Harvard ckass of 1910, unless I
misremember.

David Elliott, who was more than likely the host of that program, plays a
fair amount of that sort of thing. His annual Christmas show used to include
a Harvard professor's eloquent defense of Ebenezer Scrooge.

WHRB's normal weeklyblineup is jazz 5AM - 1 PM; ckassical 1PM - 10 PM, and
rock overnight. During reading and exam periods they have what they call
Orgies: extended examinations if a particular composer or artist's work.
Those can last several days.

Rob