WSBK

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Mon Jan 9 22:58:07 EST 2017

> On Jan 9, 2017, at 9:11 PM, Garrett Wollman <wollman@bimajority.org> wrote:
>
> Last year, as a part of their merger with $I_FORGET, TiVo switched EPG
> data providers.  They had been using Tribune (hmmm, is this Tronc
> now?) but the new provider is part of the same corporate ownership as
> TiVo is now -- however, their data is significantly lower in quality.
> I'm not surprised it took them a week to change...

My TiVo had the correct programming information for NBC Boston HD on day one, except for the logo as it's still putting the peacock on channel 7. I own a TiVo Roamio with an RCN cable card.  They were mixed up on the SD channel but I can't blame TiVo for that. RCN initially decided to put WBTS-LD (SD) on channel 8 but at the last minute switched it to channel 10.

I haven't noticed any problems with data. Sometimes I'm amazed that it picks up an actor on my wish list who has a tiny role in a movie, which it records.