Fwd: Re: WJIB at 101.3

Rob Landry 011010001@interpring.com
Wed Aug 16 06:30:03 EDT 2017

Remember, it's tropospheric ducting season. Yesterday morning something
was interfering with WBUR on my way up I-95 towards New Hampshire, in
places where I've never heard inerference before.

This morning I'll bet there's a lot of tropo. The air was thick with smog
and humidity; just the kind of conditions that seem to come with tropo.
Low-powered signals such as translators will be the first to notice it.

Last summer WTSN in Dover, NH added its translator on 98.1. The first time
I heard it, it suffered from WCTK interferenmce all the way up I-95 well
into Maine; but the next day it was clean as the proverbial whistle from
the Hamtopn tolls all the way to Wells.

Rob