WKLB Axes "Sunday Morning Country Oldies"

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Jun 18 02:57:07 EDT 2014

And WVBF was originally WKOX-FM, which started sometime circa 1960 or
thereabouts.

On 6/17/2014 6:35 PM, Bob DeMattia wrote:
> WVBF was certainly transmitting from Framingham in 1985 when hurricaneGloria took out one of their newly constructed towers.
> Fairbanks flipped it to country in 1993 as WCLB.   They had a great opening event at the General Cinemas in Braintree where they showed the George Straitmovie "Pure Country".  I got to talk to Loren and Wally, who were dressed in cowboy garb.  But I digress.
> Anyways, I believe it was GM that moved it to Boston. I don't recall an intermediatemove to FM128, so I believe there was country music emanating from the Framinghamtowers when it all began.
>
> -Bob
>

>> From: jjlehmann@comcast.net
>> To: bob.bosra@demattia.net; boston-radio-interest@lists.bostonradio.org
>> Subject: RE: WKLB Axes "Sunday Morning Country Oldies"
>> Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 17:33:21 -0400
>>
>>> WKLB, the two stations werebattling it out, each getting about half of
>>> the country audience - but that was withtwo class B's (also when 105.7
>>> was still transmitting from Framingham).
>> I'm pretty sure 105.7 was already on the Pru in the early 90s. If not, it
>> would've been on FM128. Did it ever actually transmit from Framingham?
>>
>> Jeff Lehmann
>>

> -----
> No virus found in this message.

A. Joseph Ross, J.D.| 92 State Street| Suite 700 | Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856| http://www.attorneyross.com