Looking for honest answers on this

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Wed Jun 11 23:09:58 EDT 2014

<<On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 18:13:12 -0700 (PDT), "D. A." <donald_astelle@yahoo.com> said:

> How has it changed?

Vastly greater penetration of streaming audio services.  Essentially
everyone under the age of 40 now has a device capable of streaming
audio (or playing back their own prerecorded audio files).  Many
people have several.

>>> and in a single market...

> Should it be different in any other major market?

I don't know, and neither do you, since the research hasn't been
done.  I would certainly expect people in San Francisco or New York to
behave differently from people in Houston in any number of ways.

>>> And in any case, they didn't actually do the
>>> experiment, they just measured listening to existing commercial
>>> schedules

> And how people respond to those commercials.

Still didn't actually do an experiment, so there's no way to make any
sort of causal claims.

-GAWollman