WDRC-FM

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Fri Jul 18 00:08:54 EDT 2014

>Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 23:02:47 -0400
>From: "John Allen" <john@pcsupportsolutions.com>
>To: "'Jim Motyl'" <jimmotyl@gmail.com>, "'M.Casey'"
>	<map@mapinternet.com>
>Cc: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
>Subject: RE: WDRC-FM
>
>Hi - Um I don't have an internet or satellite radio
>in my (old) car.  I will miss the old WDRC.

The old ('50s/'60s oldies format) WDRC is not on
satellite radio, it's on HD radio, a free local
digital secondary signal encoded into the signal
of the local parent radio station (WDRC-FM). It
requires an HD radio (not a satellite radio) to
hear it. HD radio is free (no monthly fee) after
the purchase of the radio because it's from local
stations, not a subscription satellite signal.

EP