Real Names of Disc Jockeys

Paul Walker walkerbroadcasting@gmail.com
Wed May 15 17:59:42 EDT 2013

And this topic brings a thought to my brain....

How many radio jocks use a stage name these days? I don't.. I'm on the
air as Paul Walker

Paul B. Walker, Jr.
From: Donna Halper
Sent: 5/15/2013 5:46 PM
Cc: boston-radio-interest@lists.bostonradio.org
Subject: Real Names of Disc Jockeys
While researching something else entirely, I found a fascinating little
article in the Boston Herald (10 February 1956) that said Stan Richards
(then of WORL, plus he hosted Totem Poll Matinee on WBZ-TV, if memory
serves) was changing his name legally to his professional name.  It said
his birth name was Richard Goldberg.  And it said he was changing his
family's names to Richards as well.  I never knew Stan Richards was once
Richard Goldberg.  That set me to thinking of other disc jockeys and
their real names-- Arnie Ginsburg really was Arnie Ginsburg and he never
changed it.  But there were so many d.j.'s who used "house names" (a
million Dan Donovans and Johnny Darks) or who tried to make their name
sound less ethnic.  Norm Prescott was Norman Pransky, yes?  I believe
Bill Marlowe was originally William Moglia.  Others that come to mind?