Real Names of Disc Jockeys

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Wed May 15 18:13:19 EDT 2013

<<On Wed, 15 May 2013 14:59:42 -0700, Paul Walker <walkerbroadcasting@gmail.com> said:

> How many radio jocks use a stage name these days? I don't.. I'm on the
> air as Paul Walker

I think a pretty significant number still do, either because they
established that name a long time ago, or simply to preserve their
privacy.  (This is more important today than before, when people may
have things like social network accounts that they don't want to
intermix with their current employment.)  Even if "everyone" knows
that Randy Michaels is a pseudonym for Benjamin Homel, people don't
automatically make the connection that Benjamin Homel is the guy who
is better known as Randy Michaels.  I know there are a number of
people on this list, even, who use a pseudonym (or go first-name-only)
on the air.

-GAWollman