Jen Brien gets WBZ (AM)'s overnight and Louise Morgan query

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psualum.com
Tue Jul 2 07:29:57 EDT 2013

Counselor Ross writes:
"I've long wondered about that.  The music he plays isn't all that much
like the old WJIB (FM), and I've occasionally known people who weren't
interested in listening to his station because they thought it was the
same.  I once heard him mention on LTAR that, at the time, the WCAS call
was also available, and I thought that had he become WCAS, he might have
gotten some people to at least give a listen to his station who might
not have otherwise."

The format was pretty similar to 96.9 when Bob went to those calls, at least from my (admittedly very limited) limited recollection of WJIB (FM). The station has definitely evolved, and there was an article last year (Phoenix? Globe?) mentioning how there is a sizable younger fan base now.