Jen Brien gets WBZ (AM)'s overnight and Louise Morgan query

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 10:40:45 EDT 2013

Good point, though I still am left wondering why they bothered to get the
WFNX calls for the 99.9 and other than a reported liner of "We're 99.9 per
cent WFNX", are not making use of them the way they could. Indeed, music
not the same but WXRV uses "Boston's Independent Radio" slogan and some
folks who may have listened to FNX before might find one of their old
favorites popping up on 92.5/99.9 (like XTC Generals and Majors from 80s)

I do believe at least one FNX personality was or is at 92.5, Joanne Doody;
correct?

Yes, I don't think the latter day FNX image would jell with The River--if
anything the sale of the station whose parent paper allied with the Occupy
movement, to _Clear Channel_ of all people, was a bit shocking!-- but the
image of "non-corporate, non-mainstream" media may be what they have in
common.