WMVX (ex-WNSH) granted 50 kW-D

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Tue Jan 8 17:51:20 EST 2013

 I made a trip to the campus a few years ago, and as you walk around, you really CAN'T SEE any of the
 "tower" except for the tippity-top next to the ball field. No doubt, its 30K signal just smashes into
 campus buildings, and will probably do more "damage" in the future. When WNSH began broadcasting there,
 it seemed as though the station and Endicott had some kind of symbiotic relationship. There were
 commercials, or announcements that might not have been commercials almost every hour of the day
 about courses and events at Endicott. Maybe this was worked out in negotiations with Endicott
 that included amelioration of RF. But the campus is smack in the middle of a posh residential area of
 expensive homes. I wonder if any folks living there noticed they were getting a station they hadn't
 intended to listen to over WRKO, WEEI-AM, WBZ-AM, et al. And that section of Beverly hight have had
 people who'd enjoy WWZN-AM during non-Jeff Santos programming during the progressive talk era.
 Now in a few weeks or months even more RF will hit their homes and maybe wiring.