WMVX (ex-WNSH) granted 50 kW-D

Linc Reed-Nickerson linc45r-n@lincster.com
Wed Jan 9 23:24:21 EST 2013

On 1/8/2013 7:55 PM, Sean Smyth wrote:
> WNSH bought a station in Taunton, not Brockton.
>
> Sent from my phone
>
> On Jan 8, 2013, at 8:03 PM, Linc Reed-Nickerson <linc45r-n@lincster.com> wrote:

Oops, WPEP, which I visited, if my memory is correct in the Summer of
1963.  I may have been thinking Brockton, because there was WBET, and a
new-comer, WOKW,  that at the time anyway, was struggling top stay
afloat.  I see there is still a station on 1410, and they were gifted
156 watts at night which probably helps.  At the time WBET was one of
those old-line stations that owned the market to the point of being a
myth that was ahrd to sell against.

Lots on nice memories of the summer I spent visiting station, most were
very cordial.

It still goes back to the first station I visited, WSRO, probably in
1961, when I knew from that day on what my career would be.  Those
glowing 4-400's in the RCA BTA-1R made a significant impression on me,
at that time K1ODC (now W7HIE ex W2HIE).  53 years if Ham radio and 51
years of broadcasting.  It's been a fun ride.