AM PM

Attorney Chase attychase@comcast.net
Wed Feb 13 13:30:26 EST 2013

Joe:

I always knew you were an old codger, but I didn't think you went that far
back! The convention was invented c. 1500 bce in  Mesopotamia and Ancient
Egypt.

That's when they started using ante meridian for before noon (with the 12
which stood in for the zero being labeled on timetables as am meaning
midnight which was before noon. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12-hour_clock

On the subject of referral to the Internet for the full school closings, on
Saturday Comcast (the cable provider for Fall River) apparently lost a node
and city was down from about 3 am (sic) to 5 pm (sic).

It turns out radio is still the last best mass communication medium when
everything else goes down. (This is why changes in the rules to allow a
local station not to provide for local needs was dumb.)

Bob Chase