Breaking News!?! Sorry WCVB, I don't think so....

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psualum.com
Mon Dec 9 20:46:42 EST 2013

On Monday, December 9, 2013 8:09 PM, Kevin Vahey <kvahey@gmail.com> wrote:

> The game had a 34.1/62 rating on channel 4 which translates to 807,000
> households so a lot of people were interested.

> Many others were Christmas shopping yesterday so that alert may have
> brought them a smile. Now if they had sent out an alert that BC lost its
> basketball game I would agree but the Patriots are huge.

And let's reflect for a bit how big the Patriots have gotten. Before Parcells/Bledsoe, they were a non-entity around here and went through a few year spell of rarely having games on TV. An entire generation is now rabid for the team, thanks to the Pats' prolonged success. Had someone said to me in 1992 that the Patriots could one day arguably be the No. 1 pro sports team, I would've laughed. Hard. For an extended period of time.