Breaking News!?! Sorry WCVB, I don't think so....

Gary's Ice Cream gary@garysicecream.com
Mon Dec 9 22:05:14 EST 2013

I disagree Sean....everyone I know is much more interested in the Red Sox
than the Patriots.....

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@lists.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@lists.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Sean Smyth
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2013 8:47 PM
To: Kevin Vahey; Rob Landry
Cc: Boston Radio Group
Subject: Re: Breaking News!?! Sorry WCVB, I don't think so....

On Monday, December 9, 2013 8:09 PM, Kevin Vahey <kvahey@gmail.com> wrote:

> The game had a 34.1/62 rating on channel 4 which translates to 807,000
> households so a lot of people were interested.

> Many others were Christmas shopping yesterday so that alert may have
> brought them a smile. Now if they had sent out an alert that BC lost
> its basketball game I would agree but the Patriots are huge.

And let's reflect for a bit how big the Patriots have gotten. Before
Parcells/Bledsoe, they were a non-entity around here and went through a few
year spell of rarely having games on TV. An entire generation is now rabid
for the team, thanks to the Pats' prolonged success. Had someone said to me
in 1992 that the Patriots could one day arguably be the No. 1 pro sports
team, I would've laughed. Hard. For an extended period of time.