seeking an unbiased opinion about country music radio

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 03:37:27 EDT 2013

All very good points. I was a little intrigued by country in the 70s (at a
point where it was forced onto WDLW 1330, then WBOS picked it up, etc.) Not
a huge fan but I dip into it
once in awhile (the older tunes, found on some smaller stations elsewhere
or on XM's
Willie Nelson's Place, are fun too). Recent trips to Pittsburgh, etc.,
found me listening to
Froggy FMs for some nice tunes as I went through the woods and small cities
of
Beaver County, etc.

Some country artists crossed over to the pop charts, like the fiddle-rock
of the Charlie Daniels Band. The devil did go down to Georgia all right,
and the defiant "In America" said
to our enemies, "You just go and lay your hand on a Pittsburgh Steeler fan
and I think
you're gonna finally understand."
And when it comes to selling out concerts, Kenny Chesney has done just that,
more than a few times, at Gillette Stadium. Maybe those "Nashville Cats"
are being
bought up here, too, after all...