Channel 5 promos

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Fri Sep 21 12:59:00 EDT 2012

 One thing I've been wondering about since the analog-to-digital switch: do sales reps for WBZ-TV, WCVB-TV or
 WHDH-TV promote their stations a still having the cachet and possible technical advantage of VHF transmission?
 (This goes for heritage VHF stations everywhere). Even cable systems for the most part put the VHF stations they carried on
 their over-the-air channel slots. People had to rewire their brains to rmember that UHF channel 38 was on cable channel
 14, 56 on 12, 25 on 13, etc in eastern Massachusetts. A friend of mine who was a schoolteacher with summers off
 got a job as a vacation-time house sitter (also a dog sitter) in a suburb west of Boston. The local cable system had NO VHF station
 on its "right" channel, and even the UHFs were sited fairly high on the dial far away from their OTA channel numbers.