The Dave Maynard Spin: Dave Maynard, Suzan Franks: 9780978797485: Amazon.com: Books

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 03:45:40 EDT 2012

If my memory banks are still intact I believe WBZ moved Dave to overnights
in late 1978.

Westinghouse hated to fire people back then - they hoped they would quit.
Best example was Streeter Stuart who they put overnight and he LOVED it and
it allowed him to open a health food store in Belmont.

I got to know Dave in my teens as he had a summer cottage next to where my
parents in Onset ( Buzzards Bay )  -  he was a nice guy with no ego.

What I find fascinating is that years later there is no love for *Carl
deSuze. The man did morning drive for 40 years and Jess Cain could not
topple him.
*
*
*
*Today Cain is remembered fondly and deSuze is totally forgotten.*