WINS anchors mispronouncing words

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sun Sep 2 12:52:55 EDT 2012

On 9/2/2012 10:37 AM, TVNETDUDE@aol.com wrote:
> I was watching Channel 5 in NY during their 6PM newscast a few days  ago.
> The story was about prehistoric remains found and they were from the
> "Jurrasic Park Period".

And then, we have the dreaded dangling modifiers.  I saw a story on
channel 4 several weeks ago about a shark whose body washed up on the
beach, and the reporter said that a bystander had "sent a picture of the
shark with a cell phone camera."  Needless to say, I was pretty excited
to learn that now, even sharks can use an iPhone or Android.