Your radio presets?

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Fri Oct 12 20:50:19 EDT 2012

<<On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:20:02 -0700 (PDT), Sean Smyth <ssmyth@psualum.com> said:

> I know we go through this topic every number of years or so, but
> wondering with all the relatively recent dial-shuffling what folks
> have punched in nowadays?

Well, none of my broadcast presets have changed, since I didn't listen
to the stations that flipped anyway.

The only presets I use are:

AM  1030
FM1 88.1 89.7 92.5 94.9 96.5 98.5
FM2 don't even remember what's on here
XM1 8 9 33 10 14 NHL-barker-channel
XM2 ?

I generally keep XM2 tuned to BBC World Service and don't use the
presets.

I recently bought a floor-model Tivoli NetWorks, which is certainly
not the best "Internet radio" you can buy, but it was something of an
impulse purchase and I waited too long to be able to return it.  The
presets on that are:

1: (whatever it came with)
2: BBC World Service for North America (now like Africa except interstitials)
3: WMVY (came this way)
4: BBC Radio 4
5: BBC Radio 4 Extra

I keep the unit in my bedroom, which means that I no longer listen to
WBUR overnight (especially since they replaced two of the BBC hours I
used to listen to with boring PRX documentaries).  WGBH is only for
Saturday evenings.

-GAWollman