Your radio presets?

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 20:29:43 EDT 2012

680,740,850 ESPN... 970 (Dennis Miller from Portland),1030, NBC Sports
1510. 88.5 for XM, 91.7 WMWM, 93.7,98.5,102.5, 104.9..2nd: 92.5,96.9, 97.5,
100.7 105.7 106.7. On XM 60s 70s Willie's place blues Fox news channel, Fox
Talk, MLB, some country

On Friday, October 12, 2012, Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> wrote:
> On 10/12/2012 2:20 AM, Sean Smyth wrote:
>>
>> I know we go through this topic every number of years or so, but
wondering with all the relatively recent dial-shuffling what folks have
punched in nowadays?

> I admit to having pre-sets on my satellite radio, but it's not instead of
terrestrial-- it's in addition to.  On my car radio, I mainly listen to
 the following terrestrial stations-- both WEEI and the Sports Hub; classic
rock WZLX; both top-40s (Kiss 108 and the new Amp 103.3) so that I can keep
up with the hits many of my students like (they all claim they love
alternative music, but they mainly quote from pop artists); WBZ Radio (of
course) and both WBUR and WGBH.   As for my satellite, since there is no
longer any progressive talk on the broadcast band here, I listen to the
audio from MSNBC and I listen to XM 127 Left (btw, I have always found it
odd that the corresponding channel for the righties is not called XM Right,
but rather, XM Patriot... as if the rest of us are not patriotic?????).  I
also listen to POTUS 124 (the channel that gives reports on presidential
politics, speeches the candidates gave, events they went to, etc.  Totally
bi-partisan, with good commentators from both sides).  And when I'm in the
mood for oldies from various decades, I punch back and forth over the 50s
channel, the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and Classic Rewind (which plays a lot of
tracks you can't hear on classic rockers with tight playlists).