Your radio presets?

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Oct 12 12:24:29 EDT 2012

On 10/12/2012 2:20 AM, Sean Smyth wrote:
> I know we go through this topic every number of years or so, but wondering with all the relatively recent dial-shuffling what folks have punched in nowadays?

I admit to having pre-sets on my satellite radio, but it's not instead
of terrestrial-- it's in addition to.  On my car radio, I mainly listen
to  the following terrestrial stations-- both WEEI and the Sports Hub;
classic rock WZLX; both top-40s (Kiss 108 and the new Amp 103.3) so that
I can keep up with the hits many of my students like (they all claim
they love alternative music, but they mainly quote from pop artists);
WBZ Radio (of course) and both WBUR and WGBH.   As for my satellite,
since there is no longer any progressive talk on the broadcast band
here, I listen to the audio from MSNBC and I listen to XM 127 Left (btw,
I have always found it odd that the corresponding channel for the
righties is not called XM Right, but rather, XM Patriot... as if the
rest of us are not patriotic?????).  I also listen to POTUS 124 (the
channel that gives reports on presidential politics, speeches the
candidates gave, events they went to, etc.  Totally bi-partisan, with
good commentators from both sides).  And when I'm in the mood for oldies
from various decades, I punch back and forth over the 50s channel, the
60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and Classic Rewind (which plays a lot of tracks you
can't hear on classic rockers with tight playlists).