1510 (was: Anybody know the breakdown between 93.7 and 850?)

Mark Connelly markwa1ion@aol.com
Fri May 18 13:17:06 EDT 2012

<<
On 5/17/2012 6:17 PM, Bob DeMattia wrote:

> 1510 has come a long way since WMEX

I think it's sunk a long way since WMEX.

-- A. Joseph Ross, J.D. 617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700 Fax: 617.507.7856
Boston, MA 02109-2004 http://www.attorneyross.com

Too bad that in 1961, WMEX did not have the present 50kW 1510 facility
on Waverley Oaks Road, Waltham (near Belmont line).

As a sixth-grader living next to Menotomy Rocks Park in Arlington, I
gladly listened to Arnie Ginsburg at night even when WTOP 1500 DC and
WKBW 1520 Buffalo were scraping 5 kW WMEX with sideband splatter.

I don't suppose anyone would listen to such a compromised signal for
ANY program content nowadays ... especially a 12 year old.

And it is too bad that the 1510 signal is wasted on such rubbish when
poor Bob Bittner is putting forth great music programming on WJIB whose
5-watt night signal often gets pounded by Toronto nearly within sight
of the Fresh Pond tower.

Mark Connelly - South Yarmouth, MA + Billerica, MA