Radio stations on the Hancock Tower...?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Tue Mar 20 14:08:11 EDT 2012

 ran 20,000 watts horizontal up there with maybe a one or two-bay vertical antenna, took it down and boosted the ERP to 50K with perhaps
 the first circularly-polarized antenna I remember seeing. So Hancock management knew it was possible to run a radio station on the
 top floor without experiencing any fiery disaster...speaking of which: unless I missed it, the two Boston general-circulation
 newspapers never seemed to mention the problems with radio stations atop The Pru during the recent electricity outage in
 the Back Bay. Goes to show that every since the departure of regular radio columnists like Susan Bickelhaupt and Clea Simon,
 no matter how people here obsess on matters radio, it's a backburner-item for most journalists.