WPKZ To Air Yankees Games

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 03:18:21 EST 2012

I understand that now that WUCS 97.9 Windsor Locks CT is doing ESPN,
plus some local talk, AND the Yankees, sister station WPOP 1410 will
switch to Fox Sports this Monday--and the Yanks won't be on the AM
side, it's said. Some who are curious about Yankee games in our area
would have had WPOP as an option, as before (other than WCBS, XM
Radio, etc.) but not now. But if they're near Fitchburg... and there
is the 105.3
simulcast as well).

The Yankees were known to have affiliates in places like Dover NH
(1270) and Cape
Cod (1170 at one time), plus Providence, etc.Certainly there are
cities like Burlington VT "on the border of the territories" where you
can get the Sox on WJOY 1230 and
the Yanks on WVMT 620.

Sox do pick up some station in NY state including WTRY 980.