Changes at WWZN

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Jun 14 03:02:42 EDT 2012

On 6/14/2012 2:39 AM, Kevin Vahey wrote:
>   Ed Schultz has told listeners he will be on a bigger Boston station later
> this summer.

All I know is there was some kind of issue (financial, I would guess)
between Dial Global and WWZN.  I would not be at all surprised if Ed
surfaced on a rightie talk station-- he's heard on several other rightie
stations as the "token leftie" and he gets some pretty strong numbers.
Interestingly, as a historian, I believe this is how it used to be done
back in the 1950s and 1960s-- radio stations would have a right-wing
talker, then a left-wing talker.  That's how they managed equal time rules!