21st century elevator music (Was Re: WBZ should hang its head in shame)

Martin Waters martinjwaters@yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 08:43:07 EDT 2012

>Joe Ross wrote:
Oddly enough, when I stopped at a couple of rest plazas on the Turnpike yesterday, I noticed that two McDonald's seemed to be playing 1950s oldies.  I'm not sure why.  The kids who seem to drive McDonald's these days wouldn't even recognize the music, nor would their parents.  Is there some percentage in appealing to the grandparents?

     That is out of the mainstream for today's background music in public places. The trend I hear now is to '70's and '80's rock. Just last week, in Walgreen's, I heard "Nothing is Easy", Jethro Tull. I'm waiting for the Clash to show up next.