SatRad vs. Broadcast vs. DIY

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 00:19:02 EDT 2012

This is an issue of age more than anything.

When I was growing up in Cambridge in the late 50's my parents listened to
WHDH religiously and in fact the Red Sox delayed starting night games on
Wednesday nights until 8:30 PM so the Mission Church broadcast could air.
The Mission Church was a huge thing in post World War II Boston.

Around 7th grade my classmates turned me on to teen age radio which was
then WCOP and later WMEX.

What I am getting at is we had very few choices even with radio then
compared to today. Those of us who are older still consider radio an
option, I don't think that applies to the under 30 crowd now.