SatRad vs. Broadcast vs. DIY

D. A. donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 00:11:52 EDT 2012

Again, from Haverhill....what station is "too weak, noisy and fades out around the next corner" for you?

Is there a station that you would like to listen to, but can't because of the signal issue that you keep claiming?

> I can't remember the last time I
> relied on or even listened to a local weather report on
> radio or television.  My smart phone gives me constant,
> up-to-date weather information and alerts on a real-time
> basis.  I don't know anyone....

You are making assumptions that..

a.)  Everyone is like you.

b.)  Everyone you "know" is a good sample.

> ...and most stations don't program
> weather into their formats unless there is something
> impactful impending.

Is this true?  I seem to hear forecasts.

> If so, most people are going
> straight to the weather channel....

Again, with the generalizations?