Jess Santos Departs; WWZN "The Zone" Returns

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Jul 27 14:29:44 EDT 2012

On 7/27/2012 2:08 PM, Dan.Strassberg wrote:
> But whether or not Donna likes to admit it, Dial Global has paid and I
> believe is still paying to have some of its programs air in certain
> markets.
> New York is, of course, the largest of these--but I don't think the only
> one. And there is no shame in paying to have a program aired in a large
> market.

First, I have no proverbial dog in this fight-- I'm not gonna defend
D-G, since most of the folks I knew there back when Ed was on the first
iteration of Progressive Talk in Boston are no longer with the company
(from back when it was the Jones Radio Network).  But I still have one
friend at D-G and that was where I got the info from (the person is an
executive, but asked me to keep things in confidence, so I will say no
more).  What I was told is the finances at WWZN were shaky, there was no
promotion, and that factored into the decision to yank the shows, as did
what was being asked for the lease-time without providing any station
support of the programs.