How long before this happens?

Mark Connelly markwa1ion@aol.com
Fri Jul 27 09:26:11 EDT 2012

Where one or more seniors-oriented formats should fly very well would
be here on Cape Cod.

I say 'formats' because the station that would play Benny Goodman and
Tessie Brewer would not necessarily be the one playing the Beatles,
Stones, and Doors.

There is a sort-of oldies station on 102.3 in Truro, but the signal is
not top-notch by the time you get to the busy Hyannis commercial
district.  Light rockers on 92.7 and 104.7 are OK but seldom go into
deeper / older material (no '50s doo-wop or earlier, no big-band).

I wish someone would grab 1240 in West Yarmouth or one of the
redundant-format FM's and do something similar to WJIB, though perhaps
with a bit more uptempo razzle-dazzle like some of Bill Marlowe's old
shows or what WNEW (NYC) was doing in the evenings in the '60s and
'70s.  A live DJ who showed passion for the music and who could
intelligently put sets together would be a plus.  If they occasionally
slipped in something by my all-time favourite (and, on this side of the
pond, under-appreciated) singer Helen Shapiro, then I would be more
than happy to donate to the station and/or patronize sponsors.  I am
thinking that many others in the sizeable over-50 age group here would
respond similarly.

Mark Connelly
South Yarmouth, MA

<<
You are aware, aren't you? that WAZN 1470 carries MOYL 'round the clock
on
weekends (although the station recently started selling some of that
time)
and 6:00PM to 6:00AM (yes, overnight) Monday thru Friday. A whole bunch
of
Arthur Liu's other AMs around the country have similar arrangements.
The
feed began a couple of months ago. There were serious audio problems
for a
while but those were eventually resolved. Within the past couple of
weeks,
however, I've noticed that MOYL is again coming to us over a background
of
ac-line related hum. I'm not sure, but MOYL may not be the only feed on
WAZN
that is plagued by hum.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)