How long before this happens?

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sat Jul 28 01:20:38 EDT 2012

On 7/27/2012 9:26 AM, Mark Connelly wrote:

> Where one or more seniors-oriented formats should fly very well would
> be here on Cape Cod.
>
> I say 'formats' because the station that would play Benny Goodman and
> Tessie Brewer would not necessarily be the one playing the Beatles,
> Stones, and Doors.

True enough.  But there also was a major break in musical tastes when
rock & roll came on the scene, and it was intensified in the late 1960s
and the 1970s.  Once when I was in the UMass Amherst Student Union one
day in the 1980s, I heard the Beatles playing on the PA system.  I
thought at that point that in the 1960s, when I was a student there, we
never would have heard Benny Goodman or Glenn Miller on the PA.  But in
the 1980s, the Beatles and other music of that era was still being
listened to by college kids.  That is as good a demonstration as any of
the cultural break.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.|92 State Street|Suite 700|Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856|http://www.attorneyross.com