Progressive talk gone from WWZN?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Wed Jul 25 13:42:07 EDT 2012

>----- Original Message -----
>From: Donna Halper
>Sent: 07/25/12 12:36 PM
>To: Bob DeMattia
>Subject: Re: Progressive talk gone from WWZN?

 On 7/25/2012 9:06 AM, Bob DeMattia wrote: > > From their website, a posting from Jeff Santos: > > "We are experiencing technical difficulties on AM 1510 in Boston, but we > are still broadcasting! > >They've been operating on a shoestring for ages, and Jeff is basically a >one-man gang. It's some of the left-over sports shows (left over from >their last format) that made them a few bucks but the rest was brokered >time and some syndicated shows plus Jeff twice a day. Lots of financial >issues with their owners, I am told. That seems to be part of the >reason why Dial Global pulled Ed Schultz, Thom Hartman and Stephanie >Miller and is shopping them elsewhere.

 "Dial Global...is shopping them elsewhere"! Even before the Jeff Santos-financed "Progressive Talk"
 on WWZN-AM, it would seem that there should have been a market for Stephanie Miller and Ed Schultz,
 since both shows are professionally produced and "entertaining". (Right-wing talk-show hosts constantly
 promoted the idea that left-wing talk isn't as entertaining as its right-wing counterpart, even though
 hosts such as G. Gordon Liddy, Bill Bennett, and Mark Levin among others rivalled Ambien(tm) and without
 the side effects. Apparently nobody saw fit to add them to their lineups then, and it's unlikely now unless
 some suburban signal is interested.