Janet Baker-Carr

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Thu Jul 19 14:54:45 EDT 2012

I suggest that you send Laurence Glavin the same message but personally--not as a list member--in case his inbox overfloweth. I can't be the only list member with that problem.

-----
Dan Strassberg
e-fax 707-215-6367

----- Original Message -----
  From: Donna Halper
  Cc: Boston Radio Group
  Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 12:05 PM
  Subject: Janet Baker-Carr

  I was asked to do some research about the long career of Janet
  Baker-Carr, who spent many years as an announcer at WXHR-FM and then
  WCRB.  Since I admit to not being much of a fan of classical music, I
  didn't know a lot about her-- I'm much more familiar with people like
  Ron Della Chiesa.  Do any of you have recollections about her work?  I
  found a large number of mentions of her on historical newspapers from
  the 1950s through the 1980s, plus she wrote a book about the Boston
  Symphony Orchestra.