Janet Baker-Carr

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Jul 19 12:05:45 EDT 2012

I was asked to do some research about the long career of Janet
Baker-Carr, who spent many years as an announcer at WXHR-FM and then
WCRB.  Since I admit to not being much of a fan of classical music, I
didn't know a lot about her-- I'm much more familiar with people like
Ron Della Chiesa.  Do any of you have recollections about her work?  I
found a large number of mentions of her on historical newspapers from
the 1950s through the 1980s, plus she wrote a book about the Boston
Symphony Orchestra.