The most impactful television events of the last 50 years

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Thu Jul 12 22:14:08 EDT 2012

I can't argue with most of those, but the death of Whitney Houston?  What?  The death of some singer from the 1980s can't compare with the killing of John Lennon, a cultural icon for multiple generations.  And the wedding of of Prince William is bigger than any of the other "fossil" items Kevin mentions?

On the other hand, "top 500" album or song lists often have some recent, more transient hits mixed in with those that would make the _next_ top 500 also.  I suspect next year's list, if any, would have some of the more recent events drop off.

Paul