UNS: Re: Happy 30th Birthday WMJX (Magic 106.7)

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sun Jan 8 18:13:42 EST 2012

On 1/8/2012 5:16 PM, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> <<On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 16:15:53 -0500, "Paul Hopfgarten"<paul@derrynh.net>  said:
>

>> 96.9 (as WBCS) was country CONCURRENTLY with Evergreen's WKLB (orginially
>> signed on as WCLB in Feb 1994 IIRC) on 105.7.

Yes, Paul recalls the month correctly, but the year was 1993:  I am
reasonably sure, because I was there.  I worked for WCLB when it was
still owned by Fairbanks-- I was their consultant and programmed their
music for the first year that they were on the air.  And later, yes they
did change calls to WKLB, sometime in June 1995-- to avoid confusion
with WCRB in the Arbitron ratings.  Evergreen bought it in mid-October
1995, if my memory serves me!