What's Up at 1090?

Lou lspin@comcast.net
Tue Jan 3 16:09:35 EST 2012

I don't do this very often anymore, but I was scanning the AM band in my car
and found something unexpected playing at 1090 AM...  It was a mix of
Country, Blues and Rock.  I heard a Gospel-ly song by Elvis and then
something by Kings of Leon.  That was followed by Grateful Dead's, "Friend
of The Devil."  They identified themselves as "Shuffle Radio."  The host was
a soft-spoken woman who was offering chit-chat and opinions about the music.
There was news at the top of the hour.  Everything sounded syndicated.  The
station still identified itself as WILD.  Then she came back and said that
the next hour would be R&B.
I found it to be -- Listenable!

Does anyone have any info on what this is about?

-Lou