WHDH-TV Weather 1959

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sat Feb 25 00:25:40 EST 2012

On 2/24/2012 7:56 AM, Maureen Carney wrote:

> It caught my eye because of Barney. I was always under the impression that for the most part early Boston TV news and weather avoided most of the gimmicks that seemed prevalent in other markets (like puppets, weather girls and the "funny" weatherman).

Channel 7 once had a weather girl, who stood behind a transparent map,
with the camera reversed so that whatever she wrote was readable to the
viewer.  Her other gimmick was that she was ambidextrous and had a chalk
in each hand, now writing with one hand, now with the other.  Maybe
someone else around here will remember her name.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856